Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Girls Are

Some Girls Are
By Courtney Summers

256 pages
unavailable on audio

Grade B

This was the first book in about 5 years that I have finished in just barely two days. I really could not put it down. It was another young reader, but hey, it's the type of book I like....I can't help it.

There were parts though that reminded me of other books I have read recently, and in some parts I was a tad bored, but all in all, I thought it was a neat little book.

I really felt for the main character in this book. I hated to see what was going on in her life. But I did like how it helped change her. This book reminded me so much of the movie Mean Girls, but times 50. And seeing as the movie Mean Girls is one of my all time favs, mainly for quotes like "I have ESPN, my boobs can tell when it's raining" and "Irregardless", I kinda got a kick out of this book.

But again, it was just another teen book.

No comments: