Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love the one you're with

Love the One You're With
By Emily Giffin

368 pages
11 hours and 15 minutes listening time

Grade C-

I was wrapped up in the story, and totally into this book. I thought it was going to have nice pleasant ending, and then, I looked at my iPod and still have 6 hours of listening time.

Then I got totally bored. I floated in and out of boredom for about the last three hours of the book. I liked what the book made you think about. Basically Ellen is married to Andy, but runs into her ex boyfriend Leo one day. After a bunch of stuff that was heartbreaking, and then just boring, it ended.

I guess, after finishing this book, you as the reader are supposed to think, "Did I make the right choice in who I love", "Did my one true love get away?" I did not feel this way after reading it. I could see how you would though. However, there was a time long long long ago, where I thought maybe "the one" got away. Then I met Matt, and then I realized, "the one" didn't get away, I ran away, because he wasn't "the one." At. All. In fact, he was so far from "the one" that I have never had thoughts of "what if" or whatever.

I got so annoyed with the main character in this book because she had EVERYTHING, and thought she was so unhappy she was going to let it all go. But then in the end, she pulls her head out of her ass.

Anyway, my point is, I probably will not be reading any other books by this author. I had a couple of other books on audio by this lady, but I really don't think that I am going to go through with them. I am so afraid they are going to be like Nicholas Sparks books where they are ALL the same story, but with different names for the characters. So that is my take on this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats funny how we all feel this way at one time or another in our lives...sounds like a cute story...yr mom