Thursday, March 25, 2010

Everyone is Beautiful

Everyone is Beautiful
By Katherine Center

256 pages
7 hours and 31 minutes listening time

Grade A

If you are a mom, you will love this book. If you are a friend who knows a mom, you will like this book. If you are a man that thinks your stay at home wife has it made, you will learn from this book.

There were many times in this book where I laughed out loud, and there are times when I wanted to cry. I related so much to what the main character Lanie was going through at times. How, as a mom, you feel like your body is no longer yours, especially when you have a nursing baby in tow. I also related to how, after finding my way back to the gym, my self esteem boosted, my confidence returned, and with it, I also got my energy back.

One of my favorite parts of the book is this paraphrased quote:

"You point to 100 cats, saying 'cat' only to find a few weeks later, your one year old, pointing to a cat and say 'mama'"

As Corky Romano would say, it's funny because it's true! There have been many a weeks where I point to daddy and say "daddy" only to have Lucy point to daddy and say "mama". Being a mom is the most fun job ever, but it is also the most challenging. The great thing about this book, is that it pointed out the challenges of being a mom and just how much fun it is in the long run too.

I really enjoyed this book, and would definitely recommend it, however, if you are not a mom, it might be hard to relate to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh great now you're on Brandi's bandwagon of people who don't have kids - haha, just kidding :)

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

nice :)

Now what you have to do is read a cat book and tell me I won't like it because I don't have cats! lol

Have you started The Book Thief yet?

Unknown said...

this sounds like a very good book to read, and i just might....yr mom