Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gathering Blue

Gathering Blue
By Lois Lowry

240 pages
5 hours and 27 minutes

Grade C

Try to stick with me on this review. I am not feeling so hot today, and have a terrible headache so this just might not make any sense.

I thought this book was terribly slooooooooooooooow. I did not much care for this book at all, but I have a desire to read this series because I loved the Giver so much. This book, like The Giver, is about a utopia, however unlike The Giver, their little community is not perfect. It is far from it. It is a very primitive community and each person has their little parts, gatherers, hunters etc. There is a part in this book that reminded me of "The Village" the terrible movie that make all their villagers think there were terrible beasts in the forest.

Anyway, I drifted in and out of attention on this book. The narrator was good, but she read it super slow, and because the story for me just dragged on anyway, I had a real difficult time staying awake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Village was an awesome movie, shut your face.

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

The Village was stupid....