Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu

Just Grace and the Terrible Tutu (ARC)
By Charise Mericle Harper

176 pages
Not on audio at this time

**Second Kindle book :)

Grade B

So listen, I totally get that this is a kids book, but remember this is an advanced reader copy, and it was not only an honor reading this book, it was complete fun! I loved how the author TOTALLY caught the thought pattern and the spirit of a 10 year old. Several times I had to remind myself that I was not reading the diary of a 10 year old.

I also didn't know prior to reading this book that there is a whole series of Just Grace books. And now that I know, and after reading this one, I simply cannot wait to get the rest of the series to read to my daughter. Because frankly, I totally think that little girls can relate to Grace. I know that thinking back, there were so many situations in this book, that take me back to my own childhood. The fact that the author was able to put my childhood thoughts into words, and into actual feelings, caught me, and will always have me as a reader.

Thank you again to the publisher, Houghton Miffin Books for Children. They opened me up to a whole new series of books, and not just me, but my family too. And that my friends, is the heart of everything.

No comments: