Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Listen

Just Listen
By Sarah Dessen

400 pages

Grade C

If you haven't noticed, there is a trend in my last couple of books...books about music. Or rather, books with a huge emphasis on music. And of course, they are all YA. I am pretty sure this is my fourth or fifth Sarah Dessen book also, and if you don't follow her on Twitter, you should because she is awesome.

Ok, onto the book. Maybe it's because I have read so many of her books, that I was pretty expectant of what was going to happen next. The super cute lovable girl that of course has her own quirks, falls for the guy she never thought she would, then all of a sudden, there is a terrible issue, the character and her man fight, and 12 pages before it ends, all conflicts are resolved and everyone is happy.

Although the story line is pretty much the same, I really really really iked this one. mainly because I LOVED Owen. I really liked how he just wasn't afraid to be himself, and how he used music to get through so many of his issues. I loved how he could relate to music so completely, an dhow he just wanted to show the world the beauty of all types of music. It was weird reading some parts because found that I do that with people and music. I am always saying "listen to this, and this is amazing, check this song out" etc.

So even though this wasn't my favorite Sarah Dessen book, I would put this in my top three of her books.

No comments: