Monday, February 7, 2011

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
By Morgan Matson

Grade A-

There is nothing I move more than a book about music...well except a book about books (ie The Thirteenth Tale). But books about music....AMAZING!

The story line with this book was cute, it was fluff, but look, the fact that these kids were able to tour the country... I have always wanted to just drive. Get in the car and drive. We used to go on road trips all the time with my dad growing up, and maybe that is where my obsession with road trips have stemmed from. But I found myself just really wishing I could be there with Amy and Roger.

One of my favorite parts was right in the beginning when they are driving through Nevada. They were both getting nervous because there was a whole lot of nothing as they were driving. And that is EXACTLY what driving through Nevada is like. A whole lot of nothing....It's a terribly boring drive, and it's a scary drive too because it really feels like you are just on a conveyor belt with the same scenery with an occasional...nothing. That's right, there is the occasional nothing.

I really enjoyed following the growth of Amy. It really made me feel great to see how she overcame the issues in her life. And I really liked Roger as a character. He was just so.....neat. I don't know how else to put it.

Anyway, the other thing that is awesome about this book, is that each chapter is accompanied by a play list. Yes, each chapter has their own soundtrack. How freaking cool is that! I cannot wait to start downloading!!

No comments: