Monday, May 10, 2010

Harry, A History

Harry, a Hitory: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon
By Melissa Anelli

356 pages
10 hours and 58 minutes listening time

Grade F

This book was chosen due to my obsession with the Harry Potter series. I thought this would be like reading the books, a discussion about them or whatever. Instead I got 10 hours of this lady, Melissa, go on and on about how the HP books are fabulous, how it has inspired people, in which they have created a whole new society of people. They have created "wizard rock" bands, and whole online communities. Some of it was interesting, but for the most part.....I was bored. Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting.

What I do know, is that this book was a waste of my time, and it was boring for them most part. I was happy to finally be done with it. It took me almost a month to finish it because I had to keep turning it off.

It is not worth your time.

1 comment:

Alee said...

Sounds like this had promise in theory, but the author really didn't deliver. That's disappointing. Thanks for the heads up!