Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea

Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea
By Chelsea Handler

264 pages
6 hours and 13 minutes listening time

Grade A

As you all know, I enjoy audio books. I enjoy them 90% more when they are read by the actual author because you get a better sense of the book I think. This book is narrated by Chelsea herself. And, that is why I loved this book as much as I did.

I will be honest, I didn't really know who she was before this book. Now, like a bunch of the other books I have read/listened too, I will be looking up her show, Girls Behaving Badly, on YouTube and Netflix. And I kind of love her now.

So back to the book. I have never, ever, EVER, in my life once snorted any drinks out my nose of any sort. 20 minute into this book, I snorted coffee out my nose. I was laughing so hard at my desk while I was listening to this book, I probably shouldn't have listened to it at work. One of my favorite parts is when she talks about when she got a DUI. She was trying to play sober, however, she was pulled over only blocks from her apartment, except she had passed her apartment. The cop asked her to do a sobriety test asking her to step one foot in front of the other. She retorted back to the cop "Officer, I am wearing 4 inch heels, I couldn't do that sober!"

If you need a light, funny, uplifting book, READ THIS BOOK! Better yet, get the audio because it is HILARIOUS!

Now, I must go run off to find other books written by her!!


**********
On a side note, I got the DVD for The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. The movie did the book justice, however it was just as depressing and sad as the book. I am a little mad I bought the movie instead of just waiting for it on Netflix because I don't know if my heart can take watching it again.

1 comment:

Candy said...

I think I'll add this one to my list to read. First of all, I love the title. Plus, if you snorted coffee out your nose, that's a good enough recommendation for me.