Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Audrey, Wait!

Audrey, Wait!
By Robin Benway

313 pages
Unavailable on audio at this time

Grade A+

Although this book isn't the most life changing book I have ever read, I LOVED it. I laughed and wanted to cry, but I really really loved it. After reading my borrowed copy from the library, I even went out and bought my own copy...shhhh don't tell Matt ;)

Audrey is a 16 year old girl who decides to break up with her boyfriend Evan, because all he could talk about was his band, what he was going to do with his band, how his band sounded....his band, his band, his band. So she breaks up with him. That night at a concert that he is playing at, he reveals the new song, "Audrey, Wait!" All of a sudden Audrey is totally famous, and has no idea what to do with it all.

What I really loved about this book is that it reminded me of how I was in high school, or rather how I would have been if I was really witty. I mean I am pretty witty now as an adult but I don't think I was *that* witty when I was a teen.

However, now that I am an adult, what I really found to be what I related to the most, was Audrey's relationship with her parents. I really hope I am the kind of parent Audrey's parents were. They were easy going, but very awesome. So, do you hear that Lucy? I hope when I am a grown-up parent, I am pretty cool, awesome, funny and yet still your parent.

So in summary, go get it. It's like $8. It is worth buying. And it is a quick read. If you read it and don't love it, come back here and tell me :P

No comments: