Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Penny from Heaven

A Penny from Heaven
By Jennifer Holm
288 pages
5 hours 34 minutes listening time

Grade B

I am really not trying to only read young readers, but as I borrow them from the library I get recommendations like, "You read this book, you might enjoy this book" so I end up with a lot of the same stuff. As much as I have enjoyed them, I am looking forward to reading "grown up" books.

In the mean time, I finished A Penny from Heaven. It was a cute book, a little slow in a lot of places, but still a cute book. Penny's dad died when she was just a baby and she doesn't remember him. 14 years later, her mother starts dating the milk man. Penny is really torn on how she feels about it. Every Sunday she visits her dad's super large Italian family, where she has like a million aunts and uncles and even more cousins. She does well to fit in with them all.

Again, I don't really have too much to say about it. As cute as it was, it was a little slow and just a tad boring.

No comments: