Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children

The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children
By Keith McGowan

192 pages
2 hours and 47 minutes listening time

Grade B+

What a great book. It's a children's book, but I loved it. Based off the story of Hansel and Gretal, this book is wonderful.

I really really enjoy when they make the main characters (when they are children) exceptionally smart. Like in the Series of Unfortunate Events, Sol and Connie, are smart and quick. I like how the book makes them out to be just incredible characters.

This book also tells the perspective of the evil witch and her plans to eat the children, and also how she gets them and how she cooks them. It is very interesting to see both perspectives.

I can't wait until Lucy is a bit older, and I will read this book to her and tell her that I know where the witch's drop off stations are so if she doesn't start behaving....well off to the glue factory if you will :P

4 comments:

Daddd said...

I first thought the title was "The Witches guide to Cooking Children" and I didn't think that might be a good book for U to read......But now I guess it's OK......

Randi@SowderingAbout said...

The book is cooking with children like cooking with chicken

Daddd said...

So it IS about cooking children! Run Louie, RUN!!!!!!

Mardel said...

"tell her that I know where the witch's drop off stations are so if she doesn't start behaving....well off to the glue factory if you will :P"

I am a big fan of this outside-the-box way of guiding your growing children. LOL - it's good to keep your children wondering, but plenty of hugs with the teasing, right? LOL