Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Empty Promises

Empty Promises
By Ann Rule

14 hours 7 minutes audio

Grade undecided

If you haven't read anything by Ann Rule before, and I hadn't, she is a true crime author. I had no idea what to expect going into this book but I kept my hopes up. And then I started the stories. Holy crap. Basically they are stories of people who get murdered by their significant others. I thought it would be one novel about one particular case, but this book had like 13 stories in it. And it was pretty good. I honestly cannot imagine a case where I would actually take someone's life. I mean I feel guilty freaking killing a spider or roach, and those are just nasty pests.

I will not lie, at about 12 hours of listening, there was a story about a little girl that gets murdered and I turned off the book. I wasn't sure if I would be able to pick it up again, but I did, and fortunately for me, it was over quickly. I think any crime against a child is the worst crime you could possibly commit because they are just such innocent pieces to our world.

I don't know if I will be able to read more of her books, at least I most definitely won't be able to pick them up any time soon because they are very stressful, but I think getting through at least one of them would be worth it.

And there you go.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love crime genres and I've been surprised that I've not read her books before either. I might give it a shot too.