Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The House of Night Series Books 1-7

The House of Night Series:
Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned
By PC Cast and Kristen Cast

A bunch of pages
Many hours of listening

Grade A-

Two weeks, and seven books. I was so excited to get to book seven thinking that I would be done because this series has consumed my life for the last two weeks. However, book seven is not where this series stops and to my utter shock and horror, book eight will not be out until January 2011. FOR SHAME!

Anyway, this series is about vampyres. Not to be confused with your normal vampires. The neat thing about these vampyres is that you don't get bitten to change, you get marked by a tracker. You are then marked with crescent moon tattoo on your forehead. You are then called a fledgling. The other great thing about these vampyres is that everyone knows about them too. They aren't a big ol secret and most of the famous people in the world are vamps.

So anyway, Zoey gets marked and heads to the House of Night, the vamp school. It is there that she meets a bunch of other fledglings such as Stevie Rei, Damien, Shaunee and Erin (the Twins) Aphordite and Stark, and then her life changes. For.ever. Zoey finds that she isn't your average fledgling and her friends are pretty special too. The only thing that I had a hard time with in these books, is that conveniently they always seem to know what to do in a pickle.

I cannot tell you where one book starts really and where the next ends. I literally devoured these books, staying up way passed my bed time, reading on any and all breaks, and giving Matt totally silent car trips as I couldn't put it down long enough to even talk to him in the car.

They are action packed with somewhat predicable outcomes, but I have not been so attached to a series since Harry Potter. This is in no way in comparison to Harry Potter, but I really could not put it down.

So here is your warning.....if you start these books, be prepared to devote a week or two.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am intrigued to read this series now.
Thanks for the review! I'll be sure to put the entire series on hold at the same time from the library so there's no waiting.

Anonymous said...

i just lv'd the house of night!! i cnt wait to get the new one, the only thing that disapointed me is i got to wait so lng for it x