Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What the heck is Randi thinking????

I haven't been reading much since I had Lucy, and I love to read. So I thought the best thing to do was to set a goal, and work towards it.

I have created a list of books that I would like to read, but obviously there are a TON more left that I need to reach my goal. I would like to "listen" to as many books as possible. The great thing about my job is that I can keep my headphones on, so it gives me a great opportunity to do a lot of "reading" while at work.

I don't have much in the way of rules for this goal, but I do want to read 10 classics. Matt thinks this is a great idea so and is constantly recommending books for me to read that I never really listen too, so Matt gets to pick 5. I thought about picking a few books from the New York Times best seller list, and maybe one or two from Oprah's book club recommendations. I would also like to read a couple non-fiction books, and possibly one or two biographies.

I figure after I finish a book, I would jot down a few words about each book, give it a grade and cross it off my list.

I figured that if I started a blog and got a few followers it would give me an incentive to keep this up. Your support is well appreciated!

So go ahead and start recommending books!!

No comments: