Friday, May 13, 2011

Gang Leader for a Day

Gang Leader for a Day
By Sudhir Venkatesh

8 hours and 48 minutes listening time

Grade D

Let me preface this by saying, I know this book was a research book and was based on true events. That being said, most of what was written was so unrealistic and far fetched, that I didn't believe it. Maybe, that's just me living in my cushy little world, but I just don't believe it. I also don't believe how this guy could just sit back and watch things that happened and NOT REPORT ANY OF IT. How he isn't in jail himself for just being around the drugs is beyond me.

This book was picked by one of my book club gals for our club this month, and that is why I read it...had it been up to me, this wouldn't have been a choice of mine. I didn't much care for it at all.

1 comment:

Candy said...

Randi, there's no way I could read this, Someone Like You or the Immortals series, especially after reading The Help:) My policy is by 50 to 100 pages if the book isn't great, I'm not wasting more time. I love your reviews. You're saving me time and money!

You forgot to post your fitness progress. A 3 pound loss is excellent. You've probably lost even more by now. Keep it up!