Thursday, November 4, 2010

Skinny Italian Night 2


So tonight I made Pork Chops Alla Salvia with a side of Rosemary Potatoes. I also sauted some garlic cloves in olive oil.

Hello, look at those potatoes, they are amazing.

So the pork chops called for some of Teresa's Quickie Tomato Sauce. It's really super simple, like way more simple than I was expecting. The issue I came across is that I didn't think it was seasoned enough. I am not HUGE fan of tomatoes and I especially am not a fan of red sauce, but I still gave it a try.

The first thing I learned was that when I was heating the oil to start the sauce, I should have put the tomatoes in right away, instead I waited until the oil was really hot, and when I poured in the tomatoes, they splattered EVERYWHERE. And since I don't learn from my mistakes, it happened again when I added the tomato sauce to the pork chops. So lesson learned, I won't be doing that again.

The other great thing about dinner was that Lucy ate it. She didn't seem to want anything to do with the noodles last night, but she ate all the potatoes tonight, but she didn't eat the meat, but she has been having a little bit of a meat diversion anyway.

I was going to take pictures of the finished product, but Matt and I ate it before I remembered I needed to do that. There was only one other issue with dinner, there was only enough left overs for one lunch tomorrow. Matt and I almost had to box it out on who got it. I only won because I told him since I cooked it, I got the left overs to which he said "well I helped" to which I answered "you opened the can of tomato paste" to which he repeated, "well I helped" and we went back and forth for about 10 minutes until he finally conceded and now I get awesome lunch tomorrow!

Score!

2 comments:

Daddd said...

I LOVE red potatoes.........Me and Louie....We love our red potatoes!

Candy said...

I made a new recipe that sounded so good. Well, it wasn't very good at all, but I learned something. The only place I want to see, smell or taste thyme is in lyrics that ask me if I'm going to Scarborough Fair. Yuck! Yucky! Yuck! Phooey - thyme!

Your Skinny Italian post has inspired me to check out some of Giada's books. I really like her. I've never seen RHNJ, but Giada (Everyday Italian on the Food Network) and, apparently, your Teresa are proof that you can eat Italian food and be skinny, too.